Thursday 26 January 2012

Busy Bee Me 26/1/12

Not updated for a few days. I have been very busy getting my wee one's jacket done, now on to the second sleeve. This will be done before the weekend (the jacket, not just the sleeve).

Been kind of knocked back a bit, have the flu and now my back started to hurt around 4:30 this morning. But I'm suffering in vain, my darling Nik has been wonderful with all the help he has given me. He helped with the housework and washing this morning (lots of bending was involved so he helped greatly!)

Anyway, once this Jacket is finished I'll be making another 2 hats the same as my purpley slouchy hat for a friend and her daughter at their request. They won't take long at all.

I've been washing my hand knits in a product called Eucalan. It's a lanolin based no rinse product for hand knits and delicates with a eucalyptus fragrance (been sniffing it to clear my nose! Lol). You soak your items with it (1 gallon of tepid water to 5ml of Eucalan) for 15 minutes and you need to rinse. It's available from http://www.celticove.com and it's £3.80 for a 100ml bottle and £10.99 for a 500ml bottle.

Anyway, I have a picture of the jacket so far, displaying the back, the left front, the right front, one full sleeve and the other sleeve in progress.

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment